Retired and Empty Nesters
The REP’S at First Assembly of God are a work in progress. Psalm 92: 14-15, illustrates our desire: “They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.” REP’S ministry is planned with these goals in mind. All REP’S are invited to join us as we journey with Christ. Each one’s relationship with the Lord will be strengthened. Each one’s life will never be the same.
The R.E.P.’S Fellowship is a Body and Outreach ministry of First Assembly of God, designed to meet the spiritual, social and fellowship needs of Retired, Empty-nesters and Pre-retired (R.E.P.) singles and couples.
The R.E.P.’S Fellowship is a vital ministry of the church and is directed by an Elder of the church who reports to the Lead Pastor. Fellowship activities, events, and overall administration of the ministry are consistent with the philosophy, mission and goals of First Assembly.
Join folks just like yourself and make new friendships at our fellowship meetings designed just for you!
- Brunch Bunch: The Brunch Bunch meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month for brunch at Bob Evans Restaurant in Springfield.
- Helping Hands Outreach:Helping Hands Outreach for REP’S and friends is a place to learn how to do crafts with Laura Bermudez and Doris Sohn. Our Mission is to make items for our Nursing Home Ministry and other outlets. Not only will you be learning how to do crafts, you will be reaching out to others. Open to all!
- Tuesday’s Blessing:Designed with seniors in mind, our Tuesday’s Blessing takes place on the 4th Tuesday of each month in Common Grounds. We enjoy music, challenging messages and a meal, followed by a time of prayer and fellowship.
- Sunday School: New Life Seniors Class Sunday morning at 9:15 in Room 202
REP’S Outreach is a ministry that has and aims only to lift up the name of Jesus through visits, cards, telephone calls, etc.
- Shut-ins: REP’S Shut-ins ministry is under the leadership of Pastor Gerald and Phyllis Mayhan.
- Nursing Home: Norma Gyovai and her committee reach out once a month to a local nursing home. They minister with Bible Studies and singing.