The Nursery is Here to Serve Your Family!!!
First Assembly of God is pleased to provide quality care and love for your child during service. There is not greater treasure on this side of Heaven than the little ones God has given us. God is in the Nursery! The Bible has specific promises about God’s presence when children are welcomed and loved in Jesus’ name. The first feeling a child will have toward church are formed in the Nursery. Families are free to enjoy services and other ministries of the church knowing that their child is being well cared for and ministered to in the Nursery.
TIMES & LOCATIONS
Sunday – 10:30 am
- Masterpiece Nursery (Birth-4 years): Nursery Wing on lower level
- Little links (4 years-Kindergarten): Nursery Wing on lower level
- Masterpiece Kids Church (1st-5th grade): Reeves Hall
Wednesday – 7:00 pm
- Masterpiece Nursery (Birth-2 years): Nursery Wing on lower level
- LOL (3 years – 6th grade): LOL Wing on 3rd level
FIRST TIME GUEST
You will be greeted by our Nursery Directors, who will help walk you through the registration process and help you find your children’s class. On your first visit, we ask for the following personal information: parent/legal guardian names, children’s names and birthdates, address, phone number, and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for each child. This information is entered into our Nursery database to help maintain our secure check-in system.
- Parents/adults will check-in their child/children and update information (as needed) each Sunday at the Check-In Kiosk.
- A label will be printed for each child and a label for the parent/adult.
- Attach the appropriate label to the back of the child.
- The label specifies allergy information, classroom, and a unique identifying number that will be used during Check-Out.
- The identifying number is only valid for the current Sunday.
- The parent/adult labels are required to enter the Nursery after Check-in and to pick the child at Check-Out.
- Parents/adults will be greeted by the class teacher or assistant.
- The parent/adult label must be handed to the teacher or assistant to pick up your child/children.
- The teacher or assistant will match the number on the child’s label with that on the adult label.
- It is the responsibiliy of the parent/adult to safeguard and manage the parent/adult label.
- The parent/adult label may be transferred to another adult to pick up their child.
- Please wait in the hallway outside your child’s classroom until it is your turn to check out your child.
- We will try to expedite the process. This is also an opportunity for parents/adults to have a brief conversation with the classroom teacher.
All of our adult Nursery Team Members are screened and background checked when they begin serving with us. We carefully monitor our adult-to-child ratios. When you check-in, you’ll receive a set of stickers with unique, matching codes. One is for your child to wear and one is for you. Be sure to keep this, as you will need it to pick your child up. If at any time we need you to come get your child from their environment, your unique code will flash on the Sanctuary screens to notify you.
To help this Ministry continue to grow…WE NEED YOU!!! MasterPiece Nursery is a Co-op ministry that relies on volunteers that commit to serving once a month in the nursery. YOU are the hands and feet of Jesus… bringing His love to the children and families of First Assembly. Using your unique gifts for God’s glory allows for a dynamic and energized ministry.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer, please contact our Nursery Co-Directors Brandi Geter and Stacie Mejia at:
TELEPHONE: 703-548-0339 EMAIL: Nursery@1stassembly.org