Our prayers are effective as indicated in James 5:16: “Confess your faults to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed”. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
INTERCESSORY PRAYER MINISTRY
God has blessed First Assembly with a ministry comprised of prayer partners who have answered the call of duty to intercede every Sunday on behalf of the church, our city and our nation. We testify to the power of intercession through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit of the Living God. We testify of His prayer-answering power through an abundance of manifestations of healing and restorations. We also declare that “our lives are not our own”. We serve a miracle-working God!
The Intercessory prayer ministry is made up of four teams. Each team prays one Sunday a month on a rotating basis during the morning service from 10:30 AM to 12:15 PM. The prayer covers all aspects of the church, including the services and the entire congregation. The team also prays for our nation and its leadership.
We believe in the power of prayer. Each month the church prays together to seek the face of God and bombard heaven about specific needs. If you have a prayer request, we want to stand in agreement with you regardless of how big or small your need might be. Consider joining us every fourth Saturday of the month at 6:00 p.m. for a powerful time in the presence of God. Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18). All members are encouraged to join the Pastors, Elders and leaders as we become a house of prayer!
Prayer is a central part of our family life together as brothers and sisters in Christ. If you would like to be included and receive daily prayer request e-mails regarding matters of prayer and praise reports submitted by our First Assembly family, please click here to sign up.
Click here to submit a prayer request, prayer update, or praise report or call the Church Office at 703.548.0339.
PRAYER & FASTING
Fasting has been an important part of the doctrine and practice of the Assemblies of God since its beginning. Fasting is a voluntary, private, and Spirit-led separation from one’s usual activities of life. Typically it is practiced individually by members in the church body by means of separating certain foods and liquids from one’s diet. Normally fasts are held in accompaniment with prayer, and are intended to heighten focus, intensify fervor, and gain control over one’s fleshly cravings and human will.
There are several types of fasting. The one you choose is between you and God. He will honor your best sacrifice.
- Full Fast – Drink only liquids (you establish the number of days).
- The Daniel Fast – Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water
and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
- 3-Day Fast – This fast can be a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least
one item of food.
- Partial Fast – A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up
- Other Types of Fasts – If it is not possible for you to fast meals, consider fasting other things such as time spent with TV, the Internet, sports, hobbies, or other interests that command a lot of your time and attention.
2022 Times of Prayer & Fasting
- March 8th (Sunrise to Sunset) A refresher fast, teaching fast
- June 5 – 11 (Unveil) 3 different types of fast options
- August 25-27 (Overtake) 3 day refresher
- October 18 – 25 (One Week) Daniel Fast
May God richly bless you as you seek to grow closer to Him through fasting and prayer!