God wants to use you to make a difference.
We want you to feel connected at First Assembly of God! One of the best ways to meet people, develop relationships, and grow as a follower of Christ is to serve the church. And it’s not just on the weekends! Serving opportunities are available seven days a week. Please contact the church at 703-548-0339 if you would like additional information about serving.
We have several active ministries at First Assembly. If God has gifted you to be teach or lead a ministry, we need you. Teaching and Leadership positions require completion of the Real Life Commitment Class.
We have a variety of ministry teams you can be a part of. One of the best ways to meet people, develop relationships, and grow is to serve the local church.
– Greeter Team – greeting people as they arrive at church and helping as an usher to find seats and accommodate the needs of our guests.
– Usher Team – help people find a seat, collect the offering, and hand out the bulletin at the beginning of service.
– Children’s Ministries – helping in various ways with Kid’s Church on Sunday morning, serving in the Nursery, or teaching a class in our LOL Discipleship program. You could also help with special events held throughout the year.
– Youth Ministries – assisting our Youth Pastor in reaching out to our Jr. and Sr. High young people as they make life changing decisions in this key time of their lives.
– Men’s Ministries – helping to organize ministries and events that facilitate the spiritual growth and relationships of the men at our church.
– Women’s Ministries – helping to organize ministries and events that facilitate the spiritual growth and relationships of the women at our church.
– Hospitality Ministry – providing the Coffee and refreshments that we enjoy every Sunday before service.
– Office Volunteers – helping in our office when the need arises.
– Missions Team – coordinating the Missions endeavors at the church.
Some people cannot commit to a long term ministry team but want to be placed on a list of volunteers who can use their talents and availability on as “as needed” basis.
Another powerful way to serve is by supporting others with financial contributions, prayer, and encouraging words that can powerfully enable another person to be your hands and feet extended in service.